Engineers can easily get government jobs through railways
If you are an engineering graduate or doing graduation, then you can start a dynamic career in Railways too. It is generally seen that engineers do not see this field as a career, but if you are looking for a government job, then the jobs of Engineers coming out in the railways can reach you here. You can make a place here based on your academic performance and rank of the entrance exam. For this, you can choose either of roughly two routes. The first is the Indian Engineering Service and the second is the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). While you can join the Indian Engineering Service as a Group A (Gazetted) Officer through the Engineering Services Exam, you can start a career as a Group C (Non-Gazetted) Officer by taking the entrance examination in the Railway Recruitment Board.
Railway Engineers have to do these jobs
– Railway Engineers do bridge construction, track development, signal, interlocking, planning, monitoring etc. of various major works including fittings. Along with this, there are many other jobs for a candidate as a railway engineer, including the preparation of new engines and carriage, station development, regular maintenance and maintenance of passenger trains as well as the preparation of reports and records. Maintenance is included. Apart from this, working towards preparing new and modern technology is also a major part of railway engineering.
– To graduate in this stream, it is necessary to pass class XII in Science. Many universities also have a condition of having minimum of 60% marks in XII for admission here. It is also necessary to pass the JEE entrance exam.
Where to do railway engineering
For graduation in railway engineering, you can take admission in this course available in many reputed institutes of the country. Prominent among them are Sri Vaishnav Vidyapeeth University – Indore, Sir Padampat Singhania University – Udaipur, Institute of Metro and Rail Technology – Telangana, Institute of Permanent Way Engineers – New Delhi. Sir Padampat Singhania University has designed a four-year course called Rail Transportation Engineering as a special course based on mix content related to engineering streams like civil, mechanical, electrical, electronics, communication, and computer. Apart from this, some colleges also offer diploma engineering programs in this stream.
Objectives of this course
- To provide complete information about rail transportation to students.
- To provide practical information along with the knowledge of theory, so that students can be aware of the industrial exposure of railways in India and other countries.
- To provide information related to railway law and regulations, so that students can become familiar with their moral and social responsibilities.
- To provide new research opportunities, so that students can help to develop an understanding of adopting research as a career.
Career opportunities in Railways
Senior section engineer
– A Senior Section Engineer works towards Permanent Way Development, Signal System, Wagon Wheel, etc. To create this post, various railway boards conduct the examination separately or jointly.
Train light engineer
– This post is based on the light development and maintenance of the train under the railway engineering head.
While in this post, a railway engineer performs works such as station development, bridge construction. This job includes heavy as well as smart job situations.
– This job is completely based on the survey. A survey engineer is paid and paid more than other equivalent jobs.
– रेलवे के वाटर ट्रीटमेंट प्लांट, स्थाई रास्ते का निर्माण, सिग्नल और इंटरलॉकिंग सहित सभी सामान्य कार्यों में जूनियर इंजीनियर्स की आवश्यकता होती है।
– While working in this job role, a railway engineer, using Artificial Intelligence, detects fluctuations and problems in signaling systems.